Unit 5: Rational Functions and Equations
Objectives:By examining the importance of employee productivity and its impact on business efficiency, students simplify rational expressions and use rational equations.
Big Ideas and Enduring Understandings:
· Simplify fractions with polynomials in the numerator and denominator by factoring both and reducing them to the simplest terms.
· Add, subtract, multiply, and divide rational expressions.
· Solve rational equations using rate, area, transportation, work, and percent mixture problems.
· Determine the cost of labor.
· Explain work ethic and its impact on the cost of labor.
· Maximize productivity and/or profitability through human resource management.
· Examine business ethics.