Unit 4: Quadratic Functions and Equations
Objectives:Through creating and analyzing revenue, cost, and profit functions, students will interpret and solve quadratic equations using the four standard methods.
Big Ideas and Enduring Understandings:
· Interpret solutions of quadratic functions in the context of revenue, cost, and profit scenarios.
· Use properties of quadratic functions (zeros, axis of symmetry, the vertex, maximum or minimum values) to analyze business profitability.
· Solve quadratic equations by factoring, using square roots, completing the square, and the quadratic formula in order to determine where the level or profit and loss begins in order to evaluate the parameters (domain) of your business model.
· Use the discriminant in order to determine the number of real solutions.
· Analyze pricing strategies.
· Determine target audience and marketing mix.
· Develop a marketing plan.
· Determine the point of diminishing return.